Apple is expanding a facilities in a Maps app and rolling out a revamped map for New York and other Northeastern areas following a launch of iOS 13. The updated map, that people will start saying Monday, includes broader highway network coverage, improved walking data, some-more accurate addresses and some-more minute land cover. Users will also see a some-more picturesque perspective of buildings, parks, marinas and beaches.
for Maps in Jun during a annual
in San Jose, California. For a past several years, a association has been as it works to captivate people divided from other apps like Google Maps and Waze.
The some-more minute maps were already accessible in tools of California. As of Monday, a new maps will cover New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Washington, DC, and tools of Virginia and West Virginia. Apple skeleton to have revamped maps out to a rest of a US by a finish of a year and internationally by 2020.
In further to a some-more minute map view, some other new Maps facilities include:
- Look Around. The feature, that lets we vessel around 360 degrees (think Google Street View though done by Apple), is now accessible in all 5 boroughs of New York City.
- Siri Natural Language Guidance. The voice partner now provides natural-sounding directions in NYC. For example, Siri will contend “turn left during a subsequent trade light,” instead of “turn in 1,000 feet.”
- Collections. Available with iOS 13, collections let we build shareable lists of your favorite places or places we wish to revisit in a city.
- Real-time transit. Also partial of iOS 13, this underline provides real-time information like live depart times, outages and cancellations. Maps also now includes some-more minute movement schedules so we can crop stops and connectors in advance.
- Share ETA. This lets we . Maps can refurbish those who perceived a strange summary if a poignant check occurs. The new map can also forewarn them when you’re arriving.
- Indoor maps for airports and malls. Available starting Monday, we can get a minute demeanour inside malls around a nation and airports around a world.
Originally published Sept. 30, 11:11 a.m. PT.
Update, 11:34 a.m. PT: Adds some-more information.