OnePlus will exhibit a all-new smartphone choice today, around an online launch event. Here’s how to watch it as it happens − it could only be a good approach to kill an hour or dual after on.
The OnePlus 8 launch eventuality is holding place this afternoon, with kick-off time scheduled for 4pm BST. You can balance in to a launch eventuality by attack a Play symbol on a video embedded below:
Related: Best smartphones
What do we pattern to see from a OnePlus 8 launch?
To ready yourself for a large moment, here are 5 large things that we pattern to be suggested when we balance in to a presentation:
- As many as 3 new phones. Last year, for a initial time, a OnePlus denounced a ‘Pro’ book handset alongside a mainline device. The OnePlus 7 Pro severely tender us with a performance, and so it’s unsurprising to see a code follow fit this year. But it’s also pattern to enhance a operation in a opposite instruction interjection to a rumoured OnePlus 8 Lite. This could see a lapse to a roots of a firm, charity good tech during a discount price.
- 5G connectivity all round. The OnePlus 7 Pro was one of a initial vital 5G handsets on a marketplace final year, and this time it’s rumoured that OnePlus is entirely committing to a new mobile information standard; apparently all of a phones in a new array will be means of 5G connectivity as standard.
- Wireless charging. For years, OnePlus has avoided introducing wireless charging to a device, presumably as a cost-saving measure. This year that’s all set to change, and you’ll finally be means to assign adult your OnePlus smartphone but a need of fiddly cables.
- 120Hz arrangement modernise rate. The new entries into OnePlus’ operation are also set to exaggerate an extended arrangement modernise rate of 120Hz for even smoother scrolling, relating a unequivocally best accessible on a marketplace (including dedicated gaming phones).
- A new design. We unequivocally favourite a nifty popup camera introduced by a OnePlus 7 Pro. So we’re a bit unhappy to see that it’s set to be ditched in foster of a cut-out selfie camera in a screen.