Apple final month strictly rolled out support for concept app purchases between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. One of a latest apps to take advantage of this functionality is Highlights, a absolute research-focused PDF reader.
Highlights has been accessible on a Mac for years, though alongside Apple’s support for cross-platform concept purchases, a app is also now accessible on iPhone and iPad for a initial time. What this means is that one remuneration unlocks Highlights on iPhone, iPad, Mac.
Highlights is described as “the PDF reader for research.” The app includes a accumulation of facilities that are impossibly useful for sifting by vast amounts of research, including context-aware annotations, support for extracting annotations, and many more.
One of a many engaging facilities to me is extracting list and picture data. A lot of sources like to embody a screenshot or picture of a chart, that creates it tough to entrance a tangible data. Highlights is means to remove that draft and modify it to an tangible list of content regulating appurtenance learning.
On iPad, Highlights takes advantage of a latest features, including multi-window support, Apple Pencil integration, keyboard shortcuts and navigation, and more. There’s also Dark Mode support opposite a board.
- Annotate faster – Context wakeful assessment popovers gives we absolute collection during your finger tips. Default assessment colors prevents we from carrying to regularly environment a tone for a same form of assessment each time.
- Extract annotations – As we markup content and images a essence are extracted and sorted into notes. You can customize a formatting serve and arrange a annotations chronologically regulating your possess tone coding.
- Extract list information and commend content – Convert images containing content or tables to tangible content and tables regulating appurtenance training – vouchsafing we get to a underlying information with a singular tap.
- Smart Copy – Copy annotations to a preferred format — content markup as content and picture selections as images, though tables as CSV and citations as BibTex.
- Lookup Citations – Markup any anxiety and daub a couple idol to demeanour it up. Highlights will fetch DOI-links and even check if we have examination a work already or have it in your anxiety manager library.
- Export Anywhere – Export your records as files (Markdown, HTML, TextBundle or PDF files) or open them directly in your favorite shoebox focus (including Ulysses, Evernote, Bear, DEVONThink, Keep It, and Apple Notes).
Highlights is a giveaway download with a $2.99 per month ($24.99 per year) subscription to clear some of a some-more absolute features:
The Highlights Pro subscription unlocks modernized facilities for extracting information including list and content recognition, customizability, reference lookups, Smart Copy and trade options for other apps and simply editable formats.
Highlights Pro includes a 14-day giveaway trial. If we use a giveaway chronicle of a app, we still get entrance to request browsing as good as reading and annotating. The knowledge is totally ad-free.
You can download Highlights on a App Store to try it out. If you’re looking for a powerful, nonetheless lightweight PDF reader for research, Highlights is value a try. MacStories has a full examination that is good value a examination as well.
FTC: We use income earning automobile associate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for some-more Apple news: