Brutal assault on ACP: Have criminals lost all fear of Delhi Police?
New Delhi: What’s wrong with the Delhi Police? Criminals in the capital seem to have lost all fear, let alone respect, for the men in khaki. On Thursday evening, an ACP of the Delhi Police Special Cell was brutally assaulted by unidentified men near Lodhi crematorium in South Delhi on 16 October. However, that’s only the latest in the series of such attacks. Check this out.
* Five unidentified gunmen shot dead a constable, Jagvir Singh, and injured another in Outer Delhi’s Vijay Vihar area in wee hours on 13 October. The incident occurred around 500 metres away from a police station.
* Just two days before the last incident, two cops on duty were fired upon by three assailants riding on a motorbike at Shankar Market in Connaught Place on 11 October. One constable suffered injuries in the assault.
* Three men on a bike opened fire in Sector 21, Dwarka. A home guard also suffered injuries in the attack. The criminals, who were later nabbed, stole the cop’s service pistol.
* A constable was shot at while chasing alleged gangster Firoz, who was killed in the encounter, on 15 June.
* A sub-inspector was attacked and looted at Paharganj locality in Central Delhi on 17 February, 2013.