Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign up here.
Google Play Wins
Apple and Google have taken complicated slam for their 30% income cut for apps downloaded from their particular app stores. But a dual powerhouse mobile operators might have won a fight final week, when Epic, a diversion developer behind a megahit mobile diversion Fortnite, concluded to list a app in a Play Store after a two-year holdout and PR bid to change Google’s policy. “If a association as dynamic and deep-pocketed as Epic Games, wielding a diversion as renouned as Fortnite as a bludgeon, can't force even a duration reconsideration of a income share, afterwards it seems intensely doubtful that anyone else will be means to,” according to a video diversion news site GamesIndustry.biz.
ATT CEO Randall Stephenson will retire during a finish of June, handing a reins over to COO and longtime exec John Stankey, The Wall Street Journal reports. Stephenson’s bequest has been his mutation of ATT from a telecom association to a media firm with a $49 billion merger of DirecTV in 2015 and a $81 billion squeeze of Time Warner in 2016. Stankey, who shares a same prophesy for ATT as Stephenson, will be obliged for successfully rising HBO Max, ATT’s entrance into a streaming wars, as a normal PayTV business collapses. Stephenson, who will stay on as authority until Jan 2021, exits a association after entrance to an agreement with romantic financier Elliott Management over a vital examination of a assets.
But Wait, There’s More!
- More Cooking, Less Shampooing: The Coronavirus Consumer Starts To Emerge – WSJ
- Payment Terms Lengthen And Late Payments Rise For Publishers – Digiday
- Facebook Gets Rid Of ‘Pseudoscience’ Ad-Targeting Category – Reuters
- FTC Chairman Statement On The Court Approval Of Facebook Settlement – release
- Investors Seek Ad Tech That Will Outlast a Pandemic – Adweek
- Zoom’s Biggest Rivals Are Coming For It – NYT
- Facebook Rolling Out Free Video Calling For Up To 50 People – CNBC
- TikTok Intros ‘Small Gestures,’ In-App Gifting Feature – release
- Anzu.io And Nielsen Bring Measurement To In-Game Advertising – MediaPost
- The Netflix Remote Button Is An Ad Masquerading As A Product – The Verge
- Facebook Still Plans To Put Ads In WhatsApp – Engadget